Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Colour Blast Design Team Entry 2016

 
I love it when I just happen to come across Australian Companies that are producing products for the Scrapbooking, Mixed Media or Art Community!!! Which is exactly what happened when I was surfing the internet looking for ideas to Pin. I came across Colour Burst an Australian Manufacturing company catering to paper crafting which has a bright, bold and beautiful range of mists, pastes, sprays, dusts and embossing powders. Not only was I excited enough to mention it to my local scrapbooking shop (in the hope that they order some in for me to play with) I just had to apply for the Design Team!!
The layouts in this post are the three that I have chosen for my application, they are three of my most recent ones and ones that I happen to love. Recently I have been playing with altering the background cardstock with mixed media to create an arty look to my pages and I wanted to showcase how creating your own background you can create a different feel to each page, a way to create something unique and individual to you.

You are my Happy

For this layout I wanted a soft feminine design so I used muted soft colours and a delicate stencil. I mixed some white gesso with mists to make my own coloured paste. If you would like to see how I made "You are my Happy" then please click on the link and it will take you to my Youtube channel where I have posted my Scrapbooking Process Video.
A close up, where you can see the soft subtle detail of the coloured paste through the stencil.

Day Dreamer

For my second layout I picked one where I created a water colour look, to give a soft and dreamy feel to the page to match the photo of Bronte staring off into space Day Dreaming as she often does. In this layout I have mixed mists with water to dilute them down and then applied to a wet cardstock so that they ran and blended together. I then added a bit of texture to the page by using some white iridescent medium through a stencil, a hand coloured stamped dream catcher and a bit of doodling completed the page.
A close up of some of the stamping over the iridescent medium to show how the medium reflects the colours around it and casts a shine to the page.
 In this detail you can see the way the mist mixed with water has blended to create a soft water colour like effect.

Puppy Love

My final layout shows a soft yet bold style where I have used a mist as a paint for the background and then used white gesso through a script stencil, splattered with a lighter mist to create a fun look. This layout was actually my first layout that I filmed and created a Scrapbooking Process Video for, if you would like to see how it was created then please pop on over to my Youtube channel and have a look at "Puppy Love".
 Two close ups so that you can see some of the detail.

Thank you for dropping by and having a look at my showcased layouts and please stop on by the Colour Blast website and check out their  wonderful range of products.
 
 

No comments: